Thread: Cabin noise
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #437 (permalink)
Raw_Shark
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z Nismo
Raw_Shark is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
Sorry, but there is no way, no way you got it all done in 1 hour. Either you only did a very small portion of the back, or you didn't do a very good job doing it. Heck, unless you've done it all before and are experienced doing it, it takes 10-15 minutes alone to take out all the panels, foam, and spare tire, and another 10-15 minutes to put it all back in. So according to you it only takes 1/2 hour to put in the sound deadening material? You need to buy yourself a watch that works my friend.

I may have taken a lot of time to do it properly and nicely, but even scottIN took 4 hours and he self proclaimed that he did a sloppy job. This is at least a 4 - 10 hour job depending on how picky you are and how many patience you have.

Wow, you must be fun at parties. I was just trying to help people out guy, no need to get your pretty little pink panties in a wad.

If you actually read my post, you'd see that my install was uber simple and I did the bare minimum. My car didn't have spare tire, foam, tools, etc to deal with. I already took that crap out a long time ago. So for me, it was just a matter of removing the trunk panels and slapping the 12 sq ft of B-quiet down and then laying corrugated foam on top of that. So YES, it took me roughly an hour. Maybe it was an hour and 21.50894 minutes? A couple hours? No idea. Next time I'll keep track down to the millisecond.

The point I was making is that you don't have to go all out and dynamat the whole car to get good results. It can be done on the cheap, and quickly. I apologize again for making you PMS so hard.

Switch to decaf, my friend.

Last edited by Raw_Shark; 03-19-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Raw_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote