View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 09:28 AM   #1953 (permalink)
BlackZeda
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 19 Audi TT RS
BlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacCool View Post
You might consider a Huldra upper. It's based on the Adams Arms piston design. Stewart Mills (Mills Fleet Farm) is a shooting buddy of mine and that's his brand. I've seen Huldras in action and they are impressive. Very high quality, very well made. Huldra Arms - AR Gas Piston Rifles . A Huldra would be my first choice if I were interested in a gas piston rifle. Nothing wrong with LMT, though. Likewise, LWRC makes an excellent gas piston rifle.
That price is very compelling as well...It is about half of gas piston uppers I have seen out there. One thing I like about the LMT and Mega Arms offerings is that the forearm is integral to the upper so that the pushrod channel could never vary from how it was designed. It might save on weight as well but I can't find that specification yet. I need to get through a couple more handgun training courses before I do anything with my AR so things might change by then. But it is good to know of another less expensive, vetted option out there...thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacCool View Post
Yeah, I agree. Anything that needs Q-tips on my rifles gets blasted with brake cleaner instead.
Yes, one should not jam Q-tips in the inner workings of their firearms
BlackZeda is offline   Reply With Quote