View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 08:58 PM   #148 (permalink)
modme
Enthusiast Member

Drives: G37
modme will become famous soon enoughmodme will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDMaXX View Post
I think most questions have already been addressed, what everyone should be looking at now, is this;

1) The re-tune gained HP and torque with the E370.

2) The same tune on the previous tuners dyno, showed the same (new) power both with the new tune and the old tune.

I still argue (until someone proves otherwise) that the old tune doesn't contain the spark advance data change (because it wasn't part of the tune) and therefore, when adding the old tune back on, it wouldn't "remove" or set the spark advance back to the previous value, when applied.

If not that, or another reason, what's being said, is that one of the tuners is fixing numbers, which is ludicrous in my opinion.

Allow me to show you how Uprev's Osiris works. When you flash the ECU using Uprev, you use a ROM file. Here is a picture of what each ROM file consists of:

As you can see, each ROM file contains Fuel Tables, Ignition Timing, Cam Phasing, etc etc. It contains every parameter that the ECU needs to run the car. Every time you flash with a ROM file, every parameter is overwritten.

Now, in the OP's situation:
SpecialZ's tune: Will have revised Fuel Tables. But if the Ignition timing was not tuned, then it will contain stock ignition timing. Just because Ignition timing was not tuned, it doesnt mean it's missing from this ROM file. It just means it contains the stock ignition timing. Every ROM file has to have an ignition timing.
Church's tune: Revised fuel tables and revised Ignition timing, since both were tuned.

So the OP ran the dyno with Church's tune. He then reflashed the ECU back to the SpecialZ's tune. During this process, Fuel Table, Ignition Timing, Cam phasing, everything is replaced back with SpecialZ's.