View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 07:53 PM   #1939 (permalink)
BlackZeda
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 19 Audi TT RS
BlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdeslitx View Post
I think i'll have to go with the higher tier stuff when it comes to an AR15 then...i like to shoot a lot. Not as much as Mac but I'm expecting to shoot about 1000 a month, just like the handgun
Yeah, even though I have a much higher regard for Bushmasters than MacCool, it is telling that I built an AR using Noveske upper and lower receivers with a Daniel's Defense barrel for the purpose of tactical AR instruction this summer. It is nice that nowadays one has so many choices of really nice rifles.

I have decided that before the course I am going to slap on a LMT gas-piston monolithic upper on my Bushmaster lower. The idea of a gas-piston AR is intriguing and if anyone can do it right it would have to be LMT. Of course I will have my Noveske as a backup/alternate just in case...

If for some reason you were to consider a Bushmaster, don't buy one that isn't made in Windham Maine as those I believe where the ones that were subject to lapses in quality control.

Oh, if I were in the market for a complete AR I would strongly consider LaRue Tactical, Daniel's Defense and LWRC as well. At the end of the year I will be looking at getting a .308 which I will be looking at LaRue Tactical, LWRC and Noveske AR-10s or possibly an Accuracy International bolt action. The gun store that has a shooting range I go to has a .50 BMG AI with a killer scope for the bargain price of $20K. It is a mouth-watering sight!
BlackZeda is offline   Reply With Quote