View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 10:32 AM   #79 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMSmith View Post
One the break in question...doesn't the factory run each engine up to redline on a rolling road or dyno before they even install/ship it out? It's best to just follow the user manual. Engines these days are incredibly well built and should last 250k miles without a rebuild if kept in good oil. It wasn't like that 30 years ago.
No. They didn't do it with my Z06, at least. Unless some lot-tech who loads your car gets happy with it, it's not going to see redline until you do that.

Obviously my Z06 isn't a 370Z, but...

Dyno at around 2,000rpm run on natural gas to verify hp.

That's it.
Other than the 4-wheel alignment which has a max rpm if about 4600 or so, IIRC before a notification is received electronically to the big boss man and a phone-call is placed to Bowling Green and someone gets it. My car saw something like 4200 on it while I watched. That's it. Just going through the gears to get to cruising.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote