View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 10:10 AM   #259 (permalink)
Speedy
Enthusiast Member

Drives: check my signature
Speedy will become famous soon enough

The big thing when dealing with car deals is BE PATIENT.

Like I said, I was originally going to buy a 2SS/RS Camaro sight unseen back in 2009 on a pre-order. Had been working with a local dealer and had everything lined up. My buddy worked for GM and got me an employee discount code I could use on the car and GM approved it's use on a Camaro even though it was brand new.

The dealer wouldn't accept the code. Told me they could set their own pricing. I had my check book in hand ready to put the deposit down, and they let me walk out over a $2500 discount from MSRP.

I went and test drove the Challenger, they had employee price, $1000 cash back, and 0% financing making it about $7K off sticker. I bought it and never looked back.

Same thing on GT500s and whatever else. You just have to play hard ball with these dealers some times, or maybe wait an extra year. No biggie to me, I'll just continue to make payments to my savings account for that year and have an even bigger down payment, and get the car even cheaper the following year, of better yet find a low mileage used one that someone bought, couldn't afford, and turned back in.