View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 07:41 AM   #1920 (permalink)
BlackZeda
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 19 Audi TT RS
BlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdeslitx View Post
so bushmasters isn't good? my uncle seems to like bushmasters and dpms lol but he's more into the big bore stuff so i'm not sure if he's a good source for a 223

i'll look into the colt thanks
Bushmaster quality is excellent as I have had serveral over the years and never had any issues unlike other manufacturers. Back in the day there were only two choices; Colt and Bushmaster. You will find that in the AR niche there are extreme fanboys of one make or the other. Since all these other johnny-come-lately ARs have been introduced the sellers and buyers have felt compelled to rag on Bushmaster in order to get their part of the market since Colt has such a good reputation backed up by the fact that they supply the military. Bushmaster had at one time an issue with improperly staked BCGs, but I have never seen one. IMO you are paying $200 for the name stamped on the side if you go for Colt (oh, and they are more "milspec"...I can get a can of tomatoes that are "milspec", it doesn't mean they are better).

Bushmaster is a good brand if you are on a budget, but if you want to spend some bucks and get a premium AR look into Noveske, LMT and BCM.

I am sure that someone will disagree with my assessment, but keep in mind that I have actually owned Colts, a Noveske (my current favorite), LMTs and Bushmasters which have all performed very well.

The only AR I would stay away from is Armalite and Olympic as I have owned those and did indeed have issues.

Last edited by BlackZeda; 03-17-2012 at 09:03 AM.
BlackZeda is offline   Reply With Quote