View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 09:43 PM   #83 (permalink)
The Geek
Base Member

Drives: 07 Honda Civic
The Geek is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
I have not seen any Genesis sedans on the road yet here and for some reason or another the local populace around here seems to appreciate Hyundai. I'm guessing the Genesis in general will be a rare car and it will definitely turn heads.

The company has come a long way and is making more and more reliable cars. I would definitely buy the Genesis coupe if I wasn't in the market for higher-end sports cars such as the Z or G37. The Genesis coupe will definitely be a lot of bang for the buck if you can get over the Hyundai tag. Any company that can get Brembo and ZF to specially design parts for their cars is definitely up-and-coming. The Genesis coupe is an impressive car and those that fail to accept this don't know their ****. There was a time where I would say I would never drive a Nissan (because of Datsun) and now, I'm in the market for one.

There are rumors of Hyundai preparing to release a luxury brand some time in the next couple of years. I will definitely be looking into it when and if that brand comes out though I think the timing couldn't be any more awful.
I couldn't aggree more. The Genesis coupe is pretty impressive and a great bang for the buck. The problem, around here at least, will be getting over the Hyundai tag.