Thread: 6-speed rattle?
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 10:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute
Default 6-speed rattle?

Probably normal, I'm just new to the platform, but had a few questions about what's normal.

I know the to bearing abundance and whirrs. But....

When I shut the car off with the clutch engauged, I get a rattle. When I shut it off disengauged, nothing. Anyone else?

Also, my transmission. When I shift slowly through the gears, I don't get any resistance or anything, but I can hear a clunk when it slips into second, and hear/feel a slight clunk through the shifted sometimes at the very end of the shift throw into third. This has been since day one. I ran through the gears engine off, clutch in, and this transmission is loud as hell just static, so I figure this is normal, but wanted to ask people who know more. Downshifting is smooth and quiet.

Upon rapid clutch disengaugment in first, I also get a clunk. My z06 did the same thing, so I figure par for the course.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote