View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 06:12 PM   #84 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
I provoked VDC today coming out of a corner. I didn't provoke it that much, but I saw the flashing light, and felt a slight taper in power delivery. It felt very intelligent and did not upset the car by "over compensating".

Does VDC maintain this intelligent personality throughout the performance envelope?
If you do something abrupt, VDC will be equally abrupt in its correction. Similarly, slowly approaching the envelope will invoke a much more subtle VDC interaction. I've noticed that when I use VDC track, VDC can be very 'sneaky'. I'll think I took a corner perfectly and everything feels great, and then I look down and see the VDC flashing (realizing the little Japanese engineers helped me take the corner). While its initial assistance is pretty subtle in those situations where you ease up to the limit, I do find it's painfully annoying on corner exit no matter what you do. It continues to retard power during the corner exit when it should really let you just drop the hammer out of the corner.