View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 11:30 PM   #1711 (permalink)
AlphaSnacks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '13 XKR-S, '10 370Z
AlphaSnacks is on a distinguished road

It's sad I've never once driven my Z into the city or anywhere west of my area. I used to drive my 350Z everywhere, but not the 370Z...the roads have simply gotten so much worse in the past 4 years. Even driving the Audi sometimes makes me think "errr...maybe I should've gotten an SUV".

We barely got a drop of snow this year. That means sanitation, clean-up, plows, salt, cleaning, etc. weren't required. There's a ton of money that is put aside for that every winter. What is NYC going to do with it? Surely not fix the roads. Naaah. It's so sad that I drive an extra 2 miles through Forest Hills Gardens to the Grand Central, in order to avoid taking the LIE...which is about half-a-mile away from my house, just because that drive to the LIE is shockingly bad. Woodhaven Blvd is the all time worst road in Queens at the present, I still cannot believe it has not been repaved.

It p*sses me off even more because I'm looking at the amount of money I have to pay the city in taxes for 2011...and I could've taken that money and repaved that chunk of sh*t road by hiring a company and done the thousands and thousands of people who drive through that chunk a huge favor. "City" tax is such a crock of crap.

Last edited by AlphaSnacks; 03-15-2012 at 11:33 PM.
AlphaSnacks is offline   Reply With Quote