View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 04:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dembflyr
Track Member

Drives: G37S Sedan
Dembflyr is a name known to allDembflyr is a name known to allDembflyr is a name known to allDembflyr is a name known to allDembflyr is a name known to allDembflyr is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Tanooki View Post
Dembflyr, I've been following your journal since the beginning - stunning car my friend. Everything is subtle - exactly how I've been doing my Z.

The one thing I'm REALLY cautious about is functionality. Things like not dropping the car so low that I can't get over bumps. So I have a question for you:

I want TTs, but I'm worried about negatively affecting the drivability, comfort and ease of use of the car. So... how has yours been since boosting? Any problems? Hiccups? Gas mileage? How have your Oil temps been, particularly at idle? How's it drive compared to stock? Any undesirable sounds, rattles or whatever? Anything at all that you could consider a downfall? Thanks man.

Thanks. I appreciate the compliments.

I have to say that I never thought that the car would retain as much of its stock mannerism after the TT as it has. If you drive normal and stay off the boost it acts like a stock Z. It's even quieter with the turbos than it was with test pipes and my Berk CBE. It starts easy and idles like stock.

The only issue is that on a really hot day (over 90) when sitting in traffic the air conditioner will stop working. I think it has to do with the intercooler blocking the air to the condenser.

So on a scale of 1-5 1 being the best and 5 the worst I'd have to give drivability/ comfort a 2 as it compares to a stock Z. I'd give it a 1 if not for the AC problem.

My oil temps were never really a problem before. I would see 240 on a hot day after some spirited driving. But I did add a 34 row cooler and now it rarely goes over 220 and I've seen 225 tops.

The only issue that I have had is that the recirculation pipes for the waste gates just do not line up. I have tried every thing I can think of but they just won't align.
I am planning on having someone fab up some pipes on my own.

Other than that I am very happy with the car. The power is addictive though. Everything fits well and I have no rattles or strange noises.

Before the TT I was getting around 22 MPG mixed driving. Now I'm getting about 18 mixed driving. So for the amount of power over stock that's not too bad.

If I were in the market for TT today I would keep my eyes on Fast Intentions and see what they come out with.

That's not to say that the GTM kit isn't good but more competition in the market is a good thing for the consumer.

2009-6MT-Sport/Touring-Dembflyr's Journal-TT Build Thread-CAR IS SOLD

Last edited by Dembflyr; 03-15-2012 at 04:54 PM.
Dembflyr is offline   Reply With Quote