View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 03:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
mults
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 (40th) #706
mults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by modme View Post
My car just recently developed a weird vibration issue at high way speeds. At only speeds above 60+ mph, the car has a speed related vibration. The faster I go, the greater the vibration. This problem came on suddenly last week. Handling is not affected and the car does not shimmy. I dont believe its a wheel or tire issue, since none of those things were touched before the problem arose. Along with the vibration, there is also a low frequency hum that also gets louder with increased speed. The vibration has a really high frequency such that it vibrates the rearview mirror and makes the image blurry.

I know it's not engine related because the sound and vibration is not affected by RPM and remains constant with the car in neutral. I'm suspecting a driveshaft issue. Has anyone experienced something similar?
Maybe a wheel weight fell off? I would look at each wheel to see if any are missing.
Build Date/Number: 1/27/2010 #706
Berk HFC + CBE, R2C CAI, Clear Bra, Cleveland Z Club
mults is offline   Reply With Quote