View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #55 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMan8 View Post
My detector sounds off way ahead of every cop i pass that is clocking people. Maybe around here cops are still using old detectors...
The techniques gsxr is describing are used in very very limited fashion in most of the US. Some areas they use these heavily but most places do not have the budget or training for it. To be able to use the newer laser systems you have to be trained in it, it is not just a plug and play system.

Also, the instant on system is very tedious to use. I know cops who could use it, but instead they just roll around with the K-band on and still get people constantly. The effort to constantly be turning on/off the system and tricking people is not worth it for most, especially when they can go for five minutes and get a speeder.