View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 08:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONDON2012 View Post
Thanks for posting this. I found the Car and Driver article to be rather interesting considering I currently own a 1973 240z.

You're very welcome.

Did you notice things that are similar to the present Z like, them saying its not worth revving past 5500rpm and how they were saying its build quality is equal to cars double the price? It seems nissan stayed true to the Z for both good and bad. Lol. But also its the american view vs the world view. Obviously handling quirks have been improved. I found it funny there were brake issues even back then... Reading this article just shows the Z's perception hasn't changed as a new car.
It almost seems like the Z gets more respect as time passes. People in the current market seem to find more flaws in the present. Then as time passes they became more appreciated. It seems to be true of every Z except Gen 3. But they fired Mr. K and nissan went a totally different FAIL direction.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote