View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 06:49 PM   #124 (permalink)
Mike@GTM
Not an active Vendor. DO NOT BUY

Drives: '13 Hot Lava FR-S
Mike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality View Post
I would say that it results in the power getting to the ground "easier". I did not make any legitimate power.
I did 3 back-to-back baselines, Installed Pulleys and Made 3 more runs... No real life gains.
Same dyno, same day (within a few hours).

I totally agree with the crank pulleys fusing.. I know of this happening to 2 local z owners who were both boosted.

A note for FI z owners, would be to read up on harmonic dampeners when considering crank pulley replacement...
-Or engine go boom!

That's what we've been saying as well. We even have a video of us removing a fused crank pulley in our Stage 2 Supercharger Press Release thread and have touched on the issues that have resulted from harmonics. We've seen the catastrophic results of running an aftermarket lightweight pulley.

Also, while reduction in rotational inertia does help improve engine response, there are other factors to consider as well...like how long you want your engine to last.
Mike@GTM is offline   Reply With Quote