View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 02:43 PM   #4409 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurneyeagle View Post
It's at the dealer waiting to get the springs swapped-out. Not sure if that was going to happen today or tomorrow. I've got another car this week (Lil' gurney is on spring break), so there is no rush on my part.

Before I do anything with the spacers, I want to see what the car's ride height looks like. From there, I'll decide what to do.

Before it goes in for the corrective surgery, I've got to meet with the State Farm adjuster. That won't happen until sometime next week. From there, I'll decide when the work will get done.

Frankly, by the time they peel off the clear bra, address the stress cracks and bends then sand, prime, paint the bumper, I have to almost believe it would be cheaper to just buy a new $600 bumper cover.

If that does end up being the case, then the dealer simply orders the part, paints it, and then calls me in for the installation. That would tie up the car only one day.

It's going to be a while before I find out exactly what and when everything is going to happen. Stay tuned.

I'm thinking about putting on a Titan lift kit and just stop worrying about scraping!
ahhh, so you're waiting to hear from the dealer. and yah, from a convenience standpoint it almost seems better to just get a new painted bumper and have that installed.

since you already have the parts from your current bumper (mounting bracket and all) would it make sense for you to do the bumper swap yourself? save you a day and probably $50 in installation or something.

lol@ titan lift kit.