View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 07:44 AM   #131 (permalink)
Hermitns
Base Member

Drives: 11 370 auto
Hermitns is on a distinguished road
Default ..

Just wanted to thank those who posted instructions/pics of this install. Made it pretty easy.
1. The pieces you cut are plastic but too thick for a knife...a dremel worked fine.
2. The stud people are talking about cutting, I just glued a vacuum cap over them.
3. After install, the windows wouldn't work correctly but someone here posted (looks like the info was from the owners manual) the process to reprogram the windows (which REALLY helped when the rain started to come down...)
on an off point, I had the CEL for about 200-300 miles. I had several suggestions about why but was getting uprev AFTER G3 so I wasn't too concerned......just prior to G3, I put the Z thru 1 hard launch and the CEL extinguished itself. (checked dash lights to be sure buld didn't burn out)
comments...F.I. tdx really woke the car up, G3s noticably smoothed out the power across the spectrum. Can't wait for uprev and a day at the track (b4 the heat gets here)
TKS again everyone. Its hard to make myself work on a pricey daily driver but everything went smoothly. (there WAS a bit of hesitation pulling the fascia off tho...lol)
Hermitns is offline   Reply With Quote