Thread: Cleaning Top
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 06:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
Hi-Step'n370Z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '10ZR S/B AT Tour NV
Hi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond repute

I decided on the 303 fabric cleaner and the 303 protectant, and followed the directions to the letter. After a good cleaning with 303 cleaner, I applied three coats, and the water didn't just form into a bunch of bubbles and roll off, it sheeted off! It was like I was pouring water over a piece of glass.

I was very satisfied and impressed. However, it was quite a bit of work. I had to cover the whole car to protect the paint, and also covered and masked off the windows. That may be more work than someone may want to do.

With the Ragtop, they say that you can get it on the paint and glass, and it just wipes off. Don't know, never used it. But I can see how, when using Rag top, you can just give the top a spray every once in a while to keep it waterproofed, which seems like the easiest way out.

I like the 303 because it's petroleum based, and as it evaporated, the product really bonds to the fibers. I can see where it won't need re-treating for maybe three years, maybe longer, but only time will tell.

But then again, I treat my Roadster like it was a museum piece, and want only the best for her. Given these tops are the part of the 370Z that seem to be at the most risk of damage, my choice is to do all I can to care for it in the best way possible.

I am not knocking Ragtop, after I researched both products, I just prefer the the way the 303 products work.

Either way, it's good that you are concerned about taking care of the top, I've seen other vert's that have been neglected and they look it.
Hi-Step'n370Z is offline   Reply With Quote