View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 09:37 PM   #145 (permalink)
Mike
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 370z
Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTP AutoWorks View Post
I recommend you use a sealant as opposed to a wax. Zaino works really well. Most brands of way will yellow as it ages on the car. So whatever you put on your film will absorb into it. That creates alot of the perceptions that film yelllows over time. A lot of the times its actually the wax.... not the film. But you do need to protect it and keep it glossy... if nothing else to protect it from bug stains, bird droppings, and so on. I have found an acrylic sealant that seals the film up very well and makes it as glossy and smooth as the paint. Its great stuff and I have had great results with it over the years. It was actually designed for aircraft windscreens... for filling in swirl marks.

AS far as the paint goes it will not damage the paint if its a factory paint job... or if the respray was properly done. There is a ton of info on this if you do a search. Let me know if you have any more questions.
Speaking of sealers, x-pel has their own sealer that they recommend now. my installer gave me a sample when he did the Z last month, but I haven't tried it yet. before that, he was recommending NXT-2, which is what I use so I figured why switch?