View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 07:59 PM   #74 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike2780 View Post
Bingo! I think I see where we differ in perspective. The OP was referring to percentage increase over the Dyno number. Which to get a 25% 'increase' to get you that flywheel number, you would use 1.25. Since you don't technically know that 73hp difference, you have to use the percentage increase over the dyno number. Like I've said twice now. I never said you were wrong. It's a 20% loss over the flywheel number but 25% gain over the Dyno number. I think we're just mixing symantics when referring to 'drivetrain loss'.
you "correct" him and say that his 1.25 figure is 25%, when his reference is clearly to drivetrain loss.

If you had understood from the beginning, you'd have just agreed....