View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 07:37 PM   #70 (permalink)
kcquinn49
Base Member

Drives: 2011 370Z Coupe
kcquinn49 has a reputation beyond reputekcquinn49 has a reputation beyond reputekcquinn49 has a reputation beyond reputekcquinn49 has a reputation beyond reputekcquinn49 has a reputation beyond reputekcquinn49 has a reputation beyond reputekcquinn49 has a reputation beyond reputekcquinn49 has a reputation beyond reputekcquinn49 has a reputation beyond reputekcquinn49 has a reputation beyond reputekcquinn49 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in a lease right now, so am looking for ways to deliver more power without serious mods. I don't know if I would have to reduce the mods at the end of my lease, if I don't buy the car.

So far I only have K&N filters and plan to soon buy the post MAF tubes. Not serious mods and easy to reverse if need be.

So reducing rotors and tires would be fine, they are normal wear items. And reducing the wheel weight would also most likely improve the value so that shouldn't be an issue. But I'm only going to do it if there is a noticed improvement.

I've already shopped around and found that I can buy all - new tires, rotors, and wheels - and reduce the rotational mass by over 60 pounds total. I just don't know how that will relate to acceleration improvement.

Now I am guilty of taking this off topic. Sorry. For some reason I felt the need to explain myself. It won't happen again.