View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 02:38 PM   #20 (permalink)
bigaudiofanat
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
ok, so what do you suppose would be a reasonable size amp/wattage i could draw without needing to make any changes to the car's power supply? 300watt rms? im definitely NOT going to put anything big, possibly not even a sub, just really good replacement speakers and that alpine deck designed for pandora i mentioned.
I have done systems where a 120 X2 and a 1000 X1 amp have been used with no trouble, keep this in mind. Even if your amps put out X amount of power your A) never going to see the FULL RMS power because that is at full volume and at the amps full gain, and B) after you install your amps you tune your system using the gain knobs on the amps, doing this reduces the wattage the amp outputs.

I would say your ears would probably hurt before you get to where you need to worry about upgrading anything in the Z.

I am currently working on a car where we are running "active" where each tweeter gets around 80 watts each woofer gets around 100 and than we have a sub getting around 350. Now we are adding a set of rear speakers and another 100 watts to each of those. This is where we start upgrading things such as the alternator and second batter and a 0 gauge run. This is just to make sure there is no lack of power going to the amps.
https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/