View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 08:04 AM   #16 (permalink)
Omikron
Base Member

Drives: 11 GM 370Z
Omikron has a spectacular aura aboutOmikron has a spectacular aura aboutOmikron has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudiofanat View Post
Please do a google search on pioneer and s*** plenty of threads about the fallowing:

pico fuse blown, screen flickers or fails, cd's stop ejecting, unit bricks, motorized units fail to move, and so on.

I gave up on the years ago and started a HUGE thread on caraudio.com over 10 pages later of most people venting about how bad their units were and are.

DONE With Pioneer

I have gotten pm's on this forum even about people asking why they didn't go with another brand in the first place. Are there the exceptions of course however my overall experience with them is a negative one and a very large number of them in all.

If I even had to single out one flaw in the pioneers I would simple say pico fuse and there are pages and pages of people saying it blows for no reason one day and BAM alternator wine. However this could be caused by their installer not grounding the unit properly or simply by them hot swapping rca's one day. But for the answer to be either ground your rca outputs onto your head units chassie or send it to pioneer to get it replaced. My thought is why should I have to do either on a 1k+ head unit in the first place.

I have had so many issues with Pioneer HU in the past, I wouldn't purchase another. Just my though. On the other hand every Alpine I have had/friends have had has been great. But hey, if thats what you have to have I understand that also.
Omikron is offline   Reply With Quote