View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 08:00 AM   #13 (permalink)
gurneyeagle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 Audi TT RS
gurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwv2005 View Post
Thank you waizzz, should I leave it stock or paint it. I just think that the interior looks off set by the gray and dull...would like to do a painted red/black contrast.
I'm definitely not a fan of the faux aluminum look in the interior, but Plast-Dip is not the way to go. Using that stuff reminds me of the things I did to my 1973 Civic when I was in college back in the Dark Ages.

I went with some matte finish carbon fiber trim pieces - window switch plates, shifter trim, and tach hood. Start there, and see how you like it. I'd love to have a set of carbon fiber wrapped door handles, and the gauge pod as well.

Christian makes a great point about contrast though. You don't want the interior looking like a cave. Both he and I have posted shots of our CF interior upgrades so you can at least get an idea of what we are talking about.

Everyone is eager to mod their car and make it more personal, but keep in mind your talking about a $35k - $45k vehicle.

Good luck!
Waiting on the Z35! SOLD - 2011 Gun Metallic Touring 7AT w Sports Pkg & Nav, Nismo Bumper and Rims, RC Grille, RC Brake Ducts, H&R Spacers, Painted Door Hdls, GTR Start Button, Nav By-Pass, EVO R Fog Light, CF Ducktail, CF Interior Trim
gurneyeagle is offline   Reply With Quote