Thread: door speakers
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 08:22 PM   #21 (permalink)
bigaudiofanat
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkNismo View Post
Update: Installed the polk momo 5.25in door speakers today and was not satisfied at all.

I will be changing to 6.5in component set in the near future. I will also dynomat the doors at the same time. Maybe the trunk as well to reduce road noise.

There was not much of a difference from stock which I found to be suprising.

Any recommendations?

Remember the speakers are getting juice from Pioneer Avic 930 headunit.
Is an external amp going to make a difference for the component speakers or is my head unit supplying sufficient power.
Sorry to tell you but the difference between components and coaxial speakers is night and day. Make sure to run new speaker wires!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkNismo View Post
Maybe another option..is it possible to put 6.5 in subwooders in the door? enough mounting depth?
Subs in the doors is a LOT of work, however if you are looking for more bass you need to do 3 things.

!. Sound deadening this will help keep vibration down.

2. Look at bigger and better 6.5 component sets. Going with something like focal polyglass or image dynamics or even JL will give you a lot more mid bass.

3. Time to AMP!!!! The head units only produce around 22 watts RMS of power, if your wanting more bass from any speaker look into an external amp.

Trust my advice as you see from my recommendation with the skiping the coaxials and going component set.
https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/
bigaudiofanat is offline   Reply With Quote