View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 01:48 PM   #95 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo View Post
Point taken..... and agreed with to an extent. But you have to remember, there are plenty of things svtperformance and ls1tech and many other domestic forums laugh about with our cars among many other imports.

Every forum I have been on, if you win in a straight line, everyone applauds, then when you get beat, everyone gives the same old: Oh I will catch him in the turns, this isn't a straight line car.

I have my own reasons on why I would not own a ZL1, but it doesn't make it any less of a car just because I don't like or want it.

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but just about all cars have an appeal for one reason or another. While looking for a replacement for my 135i, I looked at crew max Tundras, and down to the Hynundai veloster or whatever it's called, then everything in between within my price range. Ended up with a 370z haha.
Of course other cars have an appeal. I simply don't understand what it is with the new ZL1. The Corvette would be much more "lively/fun" (Grand Sport loaded out with MRC suspension), and the CTS-V would be much "nicer".

I bought the 370Z because I was tired of GM's interior. The Z06 was a fun car, but on "boring" drives, it was boring. On "boring" drives, my 370Z keeps me comfortable and entertained.