View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 09:56 AM   #17 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by red6spd View Post
I spent about $2600 on all the parts you see in my SIG. $200 of that was to install the Test Pipes because I was to lazy to do it my self and $600 for the UpRev tune and the time on the Dyno to tune the car. Leaving your car on the Dyno is normally expensive since you tie up the dyno for the whole shop so $600 for the Tune and dyno time I think is a very fair price. I made 339whp which 99.9% of people on here say is wrong so lets say I made around 320whp which is what most people make with these mods. A stock 370 makes about 280whp. So thats an increase of lets say 35-50hp. Thats really good for a NA car at least I think. Your friend must own a turbo car.
Nah, $1500 = another 100whp with GM, N/A. No NEED for FI.

I guess the point is, the 370Z is not a drag racing monster. If you wanted brute acceleration, a base corvette with a cam and LT's would have been a much smarter buy. Even the new 5.0 mustang with a tire is pretty mean.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote