Thread: Big Problem
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 09:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
bigaudiofanat
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat C. View Post
Okay, this must be one more reason to not use the firewall plug below the brake booster.....Also, what should anyone be using for an inline fuse? Size???
I hear 50, see 150???? Am in the midst of this exact same install, other than I chose to run the cable through the same access point the factory uses. Man, that urethane adhesive they use to seal that connection is a bear to work through...
Anyway, guess this is why you carry insurance or at least have the work done by someone with a bond.....
Don't stop until it's fixed correctly.... And take plenty of notes along with good pictures...Best of luck to you.
Pat
The one directly behind the battery would be the best one to use.

OP a 32 Amp fuse? you sure? And the guy that told you it was not big enough to save your car should of said it was not SMALL enough to save your car. As you needed a smaller amp load to trip however it should of blown instantly if the 12 volt wire got grounded out.
https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/
bigaudiofanat is offline   Reply With Quote