View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 05:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
issey.miyake
Base Member

Drives: 11 Nissan 370z MB M6
issey.miyake is on a distinguished road
Default Review: Motordyne Shockwave))) E370 Exhaust

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to give a review of my first official mod!
After purchasing a 370z just before Christmas 2011 I have been in love, however the car did need something to make it menacing to suit its road presence

Enter the Motordyne Shockwave))) E370...

Being located in Sydney Australia local options are very limited - so after months of research, many hours at work listening to sound clips (lol) - I contacted Motordyne Engineering and sealed the deal.

(btw I like the way Boost_Lee did his layout for the review so I'm going to follow that format )

Vehicle: 2011 Nissan 370z in Magnetic Black - Completely Stock excluding Cat Back Exhaust

Purchase Experience: Exceptional! Tony & Mariella both took the time out to explain and answer my numerous questions! The customer service I had experienced dealing with Motordyne Engineering is what every customer/potential buyer/ prospective buyer would want. Although there was a slight hiccup with the transaction (bank or system related), Mariella patiently waited a few extra days and tried again - SUCCESS! That same afternoon I was sent a tracking number and watched my exhaust begin its journey..

Quality: Excellent Quality - what you see online is what you get. Not only is the exhaust great to look at it was packed so damn good it took me ages to get the box open! In my order I had received the 5" rolled titanium tips and 4.5 rolled stainless steel tips

Weight: Well its obviously lighter than the OEM system - unfortunately I didnt get to weight it beforehand but from other reviews its approximately 57lbs/25.9kg (taken from Boost_Lee's review)

Fitment: Everything lined up as it should have - however once my installer started to tighten it all up the entire system was pulling to the left (more so the right hand side) We tried a number of times to adjust it but the right hand side for some reason wasnt lining up identical to the left - being pedantic about everything I got him to adjust it as best he could - unfortunately the v-band connecting the mid-pipe to the RHS canister was threaded - anyway I'm going to email Motordyne and ask for some additional ones and try again - I'm sure this time it will line up 100%

Ground Clearance: Great! Obviously I was running the OEM exhaust and never had any issues - I'd imagine this would be the same as the piping sits to almost OEM level

Sound: Epic! Definately sounds better in real life! The sound is crisp, no rasp, no hiss and very very very little drone. Before the car was turned on I have to admit I was dissapointed with the fitment but as soon as I heard the car on the dyno and drove it out on the road i completely forgot about it

Power: Gains! I did a base run of 201.9kw (274.5hp) and after installing the Motordyne Shockwave))) E370 my best run was 213.5kw (290.3hp) - more than 11kw (15hp)
Definate improvement throughout the range and up top it keeps pulling to the redline... what fitment problem? lolol

Summary: I am 100% satisfied and happy with my purchase - even though there was a minor issue with fitment I know it will be resolved once I get the additional v-bands in. The gains, sound, quality & customer service are all top notch and I would not hesitate recommending Motordyne Engineering and this system to anyone who is still wondering which system to get.

Pictures:

issey.miyake is offline   Reply With Quote