View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 03:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
MC

Drives: 2015 GTR NISMO
MC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant future
Default Just ran 10.9s in my 2012 GTR

For almost a year now ive been obsessed with hitting reaching 10 secs in my 2012 GTR... it all started last june my first attempt didnt fair so well as i ended up going on a hot and humid summer day with a DA of 2646 and less that great track prepped... even then i managed 11.2's all day with an impressive 125.5.... i didnt get a chance to return to the 1/4 until today... however this past winter i stayed at it on the local 1/8th mile... putting up a 7.006@102.9 (1..62 60ft )100% stock... i knew this was good enough for a 10.9 sec run and i ended up installing a stillen midpipe on the car... i went back to the 1/8 and ran a 6.995@102.4 ( 1.603 60ft)

so today was my chance to prove the car could do it... i admit i really wanted to do it without the midpipe but i wasnt going to uninstall it to prove a point so

first run today was against a Z06... i used R C R and Auto mode (i always use auto mode to lay down a baseline time taking myself out as a variable) i came off the line insanely hard...best run of the day but the timing light was not working so i had to wait another run for my 10.9 attempt... that run had to have been my best of the day... i can only wonder how deep into the 10.9s it was

second run was against a fully drag prepped older model mustang... i used R C R Manual this time and got a ok launch off the line..... as soon as i shifted to 2nd the clutch overheat warning came on...but it didnt pull power so i just stayed in it the rest of the run.....and there it was a 10.96@126.2 even though the 60ft was a average 1.69

3rd run was against a Grand Sport C6....... ( i could hear him engage launch control lol) 10.95@125.5.... a small improvement on the last run.. again used R C R Manual and got a similar launch to the previous run and again clutch overheat warning but no limp mode..so i figured what the hell and stayed in it...

track prep was decreasing but i decided to run one more..
ended up with a 10.98@125 with a bad launch of 1.72 60ft ......

all in all im happy that i pulled off 4 10.9s in a row ..... after a few seconds of rejoicing i started to analyze things like i do and decided on a better track prep there is more in the car..... im not sure a 10.89 is possible or not but i might be shooting for that later in the year

slips and vids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX6uVAGM5fE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cpoDPXT4eQ
10.XX timing light error...but my first and i think best run of the day vs Z06
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o5ZgDxSOwM

Last edited by MC; 03-10-2012 at 04:17 PM.
MC is offline   Reply With Quote