Thread: 370Z to G37?
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 08:49 AM   #60 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiCharlie View Post
IMO a sports can can only be a two seater... I mean how many Indy cars or Ferrari's have back seats?

There is something about the small intimate size of the Z that appeals to me...like being close to a sensual woman..smelling her perfume..feeling her softness and hearing her purr..then roar in a burst of excitement..

True the Z , unlike the G . no G spot.. but its lighter.. and has the same engine so the performance is better..and all things being even, a lighter car can turn and corner better than a heavier one.

Its an exciting drivers car...not for someone that has to strap kids in the back seat or dogs to the roof..

See, this kind of thinking to me, I don't understand. A lot of guys say 4 seaters aren't real sports cars. So then, a GT driver driving a mustang or camaro SS can say, well then your so called 2 seater sports car isn't good enough because I just beat you around the track. Sports car IS NOT how many seats you have. Its HOW WELL a car can perform under a given set criteria. Once a car achieves or exceeds that skill seat criteria. Its nominated as a sports car.
This is why I refain from calling the Z a "True" sports car and I just choose to call it a Dedicated" sports car. My definition of a Dedicated Sports Car is a car with 2 seats and no room for practicality. Does that make it better than a car with 4 seats?? Well if the Z can't beat it then its not better. Plain and simple.
As far as cozy in the cockpit... well that's subjective. Iagree with you there but one mans cozy is another mans cramped.

CHANGE SUBJECT. Gripe & Rant.

I have a serious gripe with the Z though. Last night I'm driving on the 161 doing about 78 and I have the radio real low. I decided to lower it to 0 and here my exhaust. Guess what I heard??? Tire and road noise, a slight audibility of wind. NO EXHAUST sound. This fkin car doesn't even sound like a sports car at cruising speed. WTFF!!!!!! I already know this but I'm thinking in my head. You know how many 350z's pass me sounding Mad Brolic on the road on stock exhausts. And it kills me that the Z exhaust is basically... fkin wack!!! Its a terrible misrepresentation of a sports car exhaust. My old G37 had a REAL sports car sound. That sound adds to the driving experience. It really sucks the dedicated sports car can't hold a candle to the pseudo-luxury sports car. Sound is 35% of the sports car experience. And unless you smash on the gas for a complete 3mpg's the Z just doesn't sound good in terms of volume, stock. This is something nissan better fix in 2013. Make it sound like the old 350z again.

PS there are Ferari's and porsches with back seats.

Last edited by UNKNOWN_370; 03-10-2012 at 08:51 AM.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote