View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 11:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
scruffydog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with his eyes close
scruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond repute

I did post something but it was awhile back and it was under oil temp overheat. I just assumed it was oil over temp because I researched and found that the reading on the 370z gauge was the return line so I'm thinking there is a possibility that although it's reading 220 it could be running hotter, which led me think it could be an oil temp issue. I am pretty sure it was reading 220 but even if it’s reading 240 degrees, it shouldn’t be oil temp issue right? Cuz it should still put it in limp mode first. I thought I read somewhere that some people didn't get put into limp mode until it reached 260. (FYI, it was a pretty cold morning and it was the 1st session after 15 mins of driving around following the instructor in the beginner's group.)

After I towed it back home (2 days later) The cars been driving fine as a daily driving. I’m surprised everyone say it could be fuel starvation because it had over a quarter tank of gas inside.

The reason it took so long for it to boot up again is because I think I flooded the engine by none-stop cranking my car to start after the ECU disabled the car. I believe the Fuel pump was still providing fuel even though the ECU didn’t allow the car to restart.

I will take my car in to have this checked out, I believe the Nissan techs could see what kind of error code it put into the car before it crapped out. However I’m not sure if I should take the oil cooler kit off because Nissan might give me crap about me voiding warranty. Any advice here guys?

As for the oil cooler, none of you guys think that flipping the ports downward could create an issue? During installation, I didn’t fill up the oil cooler core with oil because I’m installing it upside down so I’m relying on the Engine’s pressure system to push oil through the core and circulate. I checked the oil dip stick to ensure there’s enough oil. But now today got me thinking, what if the core never filled up completely with oil? Will the oil pressure inside the core while undergo a turn fluctuate so much it will affect the ECU to shut off the car?
scruffydog is offline   Reply With Quote