Thread: 370Z to G37?
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 10:11 AM   #58 (permalink)
mototrmpt
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z M6
mototrmpt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elric View Post
That you described is probably all I want on my Z
I didn't know there are such things as seat warmers and lumbar support!!
I thought I needed to get new seats in order to get them

How did them turnout to be? I searched online and the seat warmer seems to be pretty well priced~ 50$? Could you give me a mini review on them?

Thanks a lot.
The seat warmers I purchased we also about $50/seat and I actually put them in both the Z and a Toyota Sequoia. Be prepared to pull the seats out of the car to install them. You will need to feel comfortable working on your car's interior since you will need to connect power to them and install the switch in your center consul. The switches look a bit cheesy, but they work and I wasn't comfortable with knowing if a factory Z seat warmer switch would be compatible. My guess is they would be, but the OEM switches were pretty pricey last time I checked. The seat heaters work great, but are just a tad slower to warn up compared to OEM seat heaters I have in other cars. Other than that they work great.

The lumbar support I purchased on-line and if you PM me I can give you a link. I only did the driver seat and it cost me under $100. If you do the seat warmer, you might as well do the lumbar support at the same time since the seat will already be removed and cloth seat covers removed or partially removed. It's an electric powered air bladder and it works just like an OEM lumbar support. That really helped my back. It was well worth the investment for me.

I also installed sound deadening materials in the door and back end of the Z so I'm very happy with the car. I'm still considering leather seat covers, but I'm liking the feel of the cloth seats.

I hope that helps.
mototrmpt is offline   Reply With Quote