View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 05:36 AM   #25 (permalink)
Footloose301
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th
Footloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by italy3541 View Post
i agree and having the 2way system helps.. but if you are in the mall and it goes off, by the time you get the page and get out to your car, your stuff is gone, or the car that hit urs has already sped away.. and lets face it 90% of people ignore a alarm going off especialy in a mall parking lot.. most people wont even turn to look and see what car its coming from...

also as it is with all 2way systems eveything cuts down on range.. window tint, block building, metal buildings, other cars etc... so a lot of systems will advertise 2miles or 1 mile of range.. what they fail to tell you is that is in a wide open field with nothing blocking the signal...

now if you paid the extra and got the smartstart system with your viper alarm then ur fine as long as you have cell service you will know whats going on.. but again try to get back to your car before there gone while ur in the mall.. doubt that u can make it in time...
Of course, but it's an extra step. Also the flashing blue light might deter some thieves, who knows. I don't have anything but a radar in my car for them to steal.