Thread: Sound
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 02:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDMaXX View Post
What do you mean, no, and then agree with me?

Also, the loss with test pipes isn't at the top end, it's at the low end, this is where the ART's correct the problem, and as said above, it bumps the torque nicely, between 15-20 ft/lbs in some cases.
I mean there is no loss of power associated with running an open pipe. The few extra ponies from the ART pipes are probably due to the specific harmonics of the design. Which, to be fair, is impressive.

But it's not as if the gains are massive as compared to ebay pipes...

They make a few more whp/wtq than regular test pipes -- that's it.

For example:

Yes, with tuning, some more power might have been picked up, but the differences will still be relatively small.

They're nice pipes; they sound nice and score you more power than regular TP's, but let's not get crazy here.

No one should be losing any power anywhere provided the pipes are the right diameter. I've seen zero evidence of this. Explain to me why this would happen.

Do mean that blip at like 2000 RPM? That's as likely to be wheelspin as the dyno started recording as not. From 2.5K on it looks about the same or shows gains, probably helped most with a tune.

Last edited by Jordo!; 03-09-2012 at 02:13 AM.
Jordo! is offline   Reply With Quote