View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 05:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
USAF_troop
Base Member

Drives: ...really slow?
USAF_troop will become famous soon enoughUSAF_troop will become famous soon enough
Default Car won't start! Steering locked, HELP!

Quick background; I decided to send my lights to 180 to get modified, so I park in my garage and jacked the car up in the front and took out each headlight, in the process turning the wheel to each side in order to maneuver the plastic fender well easier. A few days later I decided to take the car off the jack stands so I could start it up and let it run for a min.

So I get in the car with the keyfob in my pocket and noticed that the display didn't give the typical signal to push in the clutch/push button to start but I didn't really think anything of it. So like always I push in the clutch and press the push button and nothing happens (10x). After 10x I put the keyfob in the fobgina and it gives me the steering wheel lock malfunction indicator (turn steering wheel right to left while pushing the button). Looked in the manual and tried to work it loose like it says but with no luck. Car won't start and the steering wheel is locked. I check underneath the steering wheel for the part number and I have 48700-JF00D (which is the most recent version).

Do you guys think this is happening because I don't have my headlights connected and causing a security issue (security light stays blinking while fob in the car and doors unlocked)? Keyfob not syncing? Steering wheel lock need replacing?

Don't know what to do as my car is stuck in my garage with the wheel turned all the way left and with a single car garage it would be a hassle for a tow truck to get it out in one piece. Any advice would help. Thanks.

My plan for now is to wait until my headlights arrive, reinstall them, try again, then eventually tow to a Nissan dealership if I have to.