Thread: Oil Temp
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 08:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
Skeeterbop
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 GM 370 base SP
Skeeterbop is a splendid one to beholdSkeeterbop is a splendid one to beholdSkeeterbop is a splendid one to beholdSkeeterbop is a splendid one to beholdSkeeterbop is a splendid one to beholdSkeeterbop is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillip2010Z View Post
Will this aftermarket oil cooler void the warr? Does Nissan service all 370z with Ester or do you have to pay extra? The only reason I ask cause the tech told me that he put ester in it last time, But today he mentioned if i went with Ester it would be 80 dollars, Which of course I paid.
Any of the oil coolers could potentially void your warranty, even the Nissan Motorsports one. Technically it is on the dealer to prove the part caused the problem, but as we all know, it never works that way. I'm not sure how it got up to 250 though, in all my driving around Fort BLiss I have not had it get over 220 except when I'm out at the drag strip. If you want to get an oil cooler though I would suggest one of the aftermarket coolers. IMO they are every bit as good if not better than the one from NIssan, and the price is usually a bit cheaper. I'm holding out until May or June to see how my oil temps are. Last summer in Killeen it rarely got over 230 and that was with 70+ straight days of 100+ degree heat. Oil decision is yours to make, I personally just get the cheap stuff and stay on top of maintenance. I've done just shy of 19k miles of driving in the first year (lots of cross country driving) and it doesn't have any oil consumption issues at all. Next oil change though I plan doing myself though.