View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 10:53 PM   #299 (permalink)
Rooster89
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: fast
Rooster89 has a reputation beyond reputeRooster89 has a reputation beyond reputeRooster89 has a reputation beyond reputeRooster89 has a reputation beyond reputeRooster89 has a reputation beyond reputeRooster89 has a reputation beyond reputeRooster89 has a reputation beyond reputeRooster89 has a reputation beyond reputeRooster89 has a reputation beyond reputeRooster89 has a reputation beyond reputeRooster89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmjaxx9 View Post
Yeah Scarface in the eyes of sour clevland fans.

And I think its just one of those things that takes away from how good of player this guy really is, its not a hype like J-lin, where he just had a couple good games and hes all of sudden considered great. Lebron has been putting up numbers that are almost MJ-Kobe like since he was with the Cavs. Dude is talented, on the floor there is no doubt about his skills.

All the other stuff like he is a traitor, has a ego, is irrelevant to me, its like when Michael Jackson was alive they always scrutinized him about being a child molester, bleaching his skin (although many didn't even know why he did it, had a skin condition), and etc. However, I never let all that talk take away from why I respected the guy in the first place, he was a great dancer/singer.

Similarly, you can save all that talk about Lebron for the tabloids. I respect what the guy does day in and day out on the floor and thats it.

Lebron's been nothing but hype ever since he was in high school. He was catered to his whole life. He wrote a letter to the NBA when he was 17 because he didn't want to finish high school before he joined. You say he is a hard worker? I have never seen him give a 110% the way MJ and Kobe have. Kobe knows how to involve his team and then when they need him, he puts the team on his back in the clutch. Kobe and MJ didn't have the freakish athleticism lebron has. They had to sacrifice so much more and because of it, they are legends in the sport. Lebron expected to be an NBA all star. He will never be in the same league as kobe, let a lone come even close to MJ's league. I see lebron as a freakish man child with ungodly strength and speed that never was the underdog. Because of that, he doesn't know how to reach inside and dig into the knot that sits behind your stomache where you keep your last hopes. Lebron's mother spoiled him. Lebron's high school spoiled him. The cav's spoiled him. He is now far too spoiled. You can't have a good omlette is even one of those eggs is spoiled.

He may get a ring or two and he may break some records. But he still that whiny freak man child who expects things on a silver platter. Thats why when the game is on the line and its for all the marbles, he chokes.

MJ didn't even get picked for his high school team. He made his career proving people wrong. He would make his critics eat their own words. When they said he couldn't play defense, he got defensive player of the year. When they said he was a ball hog, he became the Bull's all time assist leader. He used naysayers to fuel the fire of desire for perfection in his belly.

Just my 10 cents.
Originally Posted by Shadoquad View Post
Rooster is a lot like Socrates, except with far more b*tches, far less manservants, and a powdery white mustache.
Rooster89 is offline   Reply With Quote