View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 08:03 PM   #28 (permalink)
SMJane_Again
Base Member

Drives: 18 Golf R
SMJane_Again is on a distinguished road

B1ades, great idea for a personal top 10! I've been kicking this idea around as I look for a car to replace my S4:

Caveat- these are in no particular order.

1. WRX/STi- Quick/Fast (depending on mod level) turbo, AWD- nice to have in my state and at my hometown altitude (6,060'). It only gets higher from here.
2. Lancer Evolution- see above
3. 350z/370z- I see the 370 as an excellent evolution from the 350 and not quite the re-write that the 350 was from the 300.
4. Corvette C5/C6- yeah it's plastic and the interior isn't anything to write home about, but the performance is undeniable and you can get them second-hand on the cheap.
5. 2011+ Mustang 5.0- in no-man's land between its heavier Camaro/Challenger brethren and 2-seaters/smaller cars like the 370z. Goes, stops, and turns just fine in my book.
6. Mazdaspeed 3, either generation- I don't particularly care for their looks, but they make good power, useful interior for people and things, and are cheap.
7. B5 chassis S4- kind of a homer pick, but the 2.7TT has been shown to make good power, and a K04 upgrade makes them as close to a Euro-only RS4 as one could want.
8. S2000- Honda reliable, revs to forever, one of the first accessibly-priced cars to give us features that make us grin, such as a push-button starter.
9. Nissan GTR- A car that can throw down against just about anything, regardless of price. 'Nuff said.
10. Acura NSX- Re-wrote the book on what a supercar could be from both a performance and reliability standpoint. Compared to the Ferrari 348, which was its initial competition, the NSX was laughably superior, at a relative bargain price.

S.
SMJane_Again is offline   Reply With Quote