View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 12:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by billydsz View Post
The switched power adapters in my Z drive me crazy. I know they are trying to protect the battery, but believe it or not I don't think my cellphone is going to suck the life out of my car battery. Is there an easy way to get the power adapters on an unswitched line from the battery?
My guess would be that you'd have to locate the circuit, and use a (fused!) bypass to an unswitched part of the fuse panel (clock?) - just make sure you don't put something in the adapter hole that draws much more power than the clock normally would (reason I'm saying this is because I don't know how much current the unswitched supply wire can carry!)

A cell phone charger shouldn't draw very much through an unswitched circuit that would normally handle the clock...
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote