View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 06:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
ddvette9
Track Member

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
ddvette9 is on a distinguished road
Default Car didnt start!!

Here goes.

New battery....YES
New MAFs....YES

1/15 times the car fires up, sputters down a few times, catches itself, then starts. Today when it dropped down and sputtered it never caught and didnt start

Been to the dealership twice. Checked fuel pump, IAF, they replaced my MAFs, got a new battery a few months ago. They CANNOT find the problem or fix it. I even cleaned my throttle boddies from carbon buildup when they are at the 0 position

I have complained of leaky injectors, fuel pump, fuel filter, anything and everything you guys can initially think of.

Now im thinking crank position sensor/ crankshaft

Nissan says since they cant replicate my intermittent troublesome starts and they will document with corporate and pray for me. Two different master techs have run Consult III and tried to sputter on starts and get the cranking to fail, but of course it fired up fine when there.

BTW, HAVE K&N AND TOP SPEED EXHAUST AND Y-PIPE.....is this possibly an ECU problem that could be fixed with a change of my exhaust and breathing. Maybe I need to change my gas (been using shell??). I dont remember the car doing this when I originally put my mods in over a year ago

Let me know what you guys think, as I feel that a mechanical failure or something "bad" would cause problems more often instead of once a week at the most, leading me to believe sometimes the ECU acts funny

Last edited by ddvette9; 03-06-2012 at 07:04 PM.
ddvette9 is offline   Reply With Quote