View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 03:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
FromG2Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 5.0, kona, 6MT
FromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
#8 cyl is if you have a bad tune from what I understand. Not sure if the FRPP one would be worth it. Steeda CAI + tune combo is great, though. Big power increase.
Is that what you have, Steve? The Steeda tune? That's the one I want, but am worried about the warranty void

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
If you are skilled with the high speed buffer then you shouldn't have any issues. Just take it slow and don't use any compounds that are too aggressive..I use to work with ppf for over 10 years and I'd have it polished all the time. Keep in mind that not all films will be able to accept buffing, 3M is fine though
Yes, I am adept at using a buffer. I have a thread on AG about this same question. They say buffing is ok, but just have to watch the heat buildup. I'm just worried about either melting through the film (low chance), or discoloring it or making it hazy or even worse But sounds like it's ok. I plan to use a PC da, gray LC CCS pad, then Menzerna SuperFinish or PO85RD on it... it's a fine finishing polish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
Why not do a light polish by hand?

Looking good by the way.
Thanks Big T... yeah by hand, I only do that with application of nuba waxes. Machine for everything else Hand would take forever with minor results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red__Zed View Post
I am still on the other boards, just don't post much
Ah I see.... get back on there then
2012 5.0 GT Prem, Kona Blue, 6MT, HID, Brembo, 3.73 -- Ordered: 9/20/11, Born on: 10/20/11, Delivered 11/15/11"Marilyn" GT500 mufflers/flaps, MGW shifter, FRPP K springs, BMR panhard bar, Boss coil covers, 3DC spoiler, Llumar Tint (35% and 20%), 3M ClearBra
FromG2Z is offline   Reply With Quote