View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #11 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by igota21incher View Post
after skimming through the plethora of brake pad threads, i've come to the conclusion that no one here can recommend a good street pad that gives a little bit more 'bite' over stock. everyone seems to agree that the upgraded nismo pads are not not worth the money while hawk pads would tend to put excess wear on your rotors. the project mu's seem to be a popular upgrade but i still don't see any review threads on those specifically.

p.s. what's a reasonable price to pay for the labor involved in installing the ss brake lines and replacing brake fluid. i'm most likely going to go with z1 ss lines and Valvoline Synthetic oil, and stock pads unless some one wants to weigh in on this....
When they are talking about pads not being worth it. They are talking about NISMO R-Tune pads. And they are NOT. R tune pads though aren't even legal for you to drive on the street. If you got into an accident and the repair shop found R-TUNES under your car you'd be liable and the insurance company won't cover. Remember you are searching on threads where serious tuners change there pads for the track and they have a street pad.
Stune pads are different from R tune. For one they are Street pads. Honestly there's no clear answer to aftermarket street pads. They have there inherent strengths and weaknesses. S tune has better bite than OEM sport pads and decrease braking by 1foot to 102ft. With brake lines you migh loose an extra foot or two which is good. 100ft from 60 would be supercar level.

You search a thread on a guy who tracks yet you have no intention of tracking. His experience with a pad will be very different from yours. Find threads where guys are street driving only and PM different guys running different brands for the clearest info... then ask about there driving habits and see if tthey match yours. I can guarantee you on S-tune pads. You will be hard pressed to find a lot of people rrunning them. I'm probably one of very few. R tune pads... nissan was dumb enough to sell illegal pads on street cars for a whole year.

Pricing on brake lines... well whenever you do anything with brakes its expensive unless you know some one. It will probably in the $180-260 range for labor.

Last edited by UNKNOWN_370; 03-06-2012 at 10:39 AM.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote