View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 05:27 AM   #318 (permalink)
jbenington86
Base Member

Drives: 370Z
jbenington86 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
i think you need to relax a little. my DIY's been up since Dec. while i would never force anyone to do the work him/herself, it was your decision to pay the full repair amount and tow if nissan does not fix the problem at goodwill.

my diy is a way someone can prepare for the worst, or fix the problem before it happens. it was not made for someone to vent or me explaining what nissan might be thinking. i dont know exactly what nissan is thinking, but i do know that my diy will fix your problem if it is the faulty steering lock.

/this discussion.

Yes, your DIY might have been up since Dec.... but I bet the first thought in every Z owners mind is one day I am going to walk out to my car and it's not going to start due to a steering lock assembly.... as for getting the car towed what other choice would I have when I am away from home and have no idea what is wrong? Oh I will just let it just sit here and I will think of something later.... No that's dumb leaving your car in an unattended parking lot away from your home. Technically I could walk to the dealer right now ask them for the part take the 15min to slap that bad boy in and just pay for a tow.

Your DIY and any need for it has just shown that Nissan has failed us in more ways than one. There shouldn't even be a need for a DIY of this nature on any vehicle. Safety and Security are usually top priority for any vehicle manufacturer and since mine left the steering unlocked away from home it not only put my car at risk but also myself.
jbenington86 is offline   Reply With Quote