View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 09:07 PM   #317 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenington86 View Post
If the design is ultimately flawed then it would be on nissan. Supplier was just following orders as per request from the customer (nissan). I have worked for a car manufacturer supplier. Requests come in then parts are mocked made from original designs. Supplier makes the parts and 100% are inspected at every part of production. Then shipped to, in this case, Nissan. Nissan would then inspect XX per XXXX parts. Basically tear them apart to ensure proper quality is met. Oddly enough I helped manufacture steering column parts for numerous car companies. Also made other parts for all type of vehicle makes such as BMW, Porsche, Audi, you name it I very well could have made a part for any vehicle made in mid 2000s.

It should be investigated especially since Nissan removed this part on the 2012 370s because they couldn't figure out how to fix it. I think that is more of a sign that they knew there was a problem they couldn't fix with a new revision so they got rid of it to try and bury the issue. If the part is also on back order at many dealers that is also saying something.
i think you need to relax a little. my DIY's been up since Dec. while i would never force anyone to do the work him/herself, it was your decision to pay the full repair amount and tow if nissan does not fix the problem at goodwill.

my diy is a way someone can prepare for the worst, or fix the problem before it happens. it was not made for someone to vent or me explaining what nissan might be thinking. i dont know exactly what nissan is thinking, but i do know that my diy will fix your problem if it is the faulty steering lock.

/this discussion.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote