View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 09:02 PM   #316 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevr6 View Post
I work for Audi and the suppliers (outside manufacturers) are not directly responsible to the end user. It is the Car Manufacturer that needs to establish an open campaign!! The supplier would have deal with Nissan only to get an updated part or separate solution established!
yah, but that's not wat i meant... and believe me, i am in the oem business myself so i know how things work in these manufacturing industries including automotive. i agree nissan is our gateway to getting our cars fixed, no arguments there.

some folks here are stating that this problem is all nissan's fault. in the big picture nissan is also a victim since they trusted the supplier to do a good job when they sourced them. the supplier did not follow through with their promises. their product is unreliable to the point nissan disqualified them from their car.

i bet if nissan did another recall this supplier could belly up and that might cause even more havoc on other nissan vehicle lineup as side effect.....the natural disaster one year ago was a terrifying time for suppliers too... i am sure there were many PO's cancelled and the supplier worked together with nissan to get through the tough time. these things influence many tough decisions too.

that's how i look at it.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote