View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 06:36 PM   #309 (permalink)
jbenington86
Base Member

Drives: 370Z
jbenington86 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
jb- only maybe... i'd give your dealer a call. recalls/TSB is vehicle specific unfortunately.

are you good with working on cars at all? if so, i recommend you swap it out yourself and save yourself towing, etc..and possible damage while towing. it's clumsy work but not difficult to do at all. GL!
I'm not sure exactly when in 09 mine was built. I think I have revB of the steering lock assembly not sure since it's sitting at the dealer. It has already been towed to the dealer so possibly lost that.... I told the dealer what I believe the issue is and why I have come to the conclusion. They originally wanted to reprogram my keys. After explaining the problem with them ,probably in more depth than the service adviser knew about, he was amazed how much research I did. If my car is recognizing the key outside the vehicle with the wireless lock/unlock button on the door the car is obviously receiving the signal and knows that the keys signal is the correct key. I am almost 100% sure I will be calling 1800nissan1 to ask them why a part on a vehicle is considered defective due to "excessive lubrication" but not on another vehicle made in the same time frame with the same part number..... They just put less lubrication only in the ones that were going into the 370s......I think I could rant about NISSAN and the horrific experience I have had ever since I got my 370Z for days and days.

First NISSAN I have ever owned and I am hitting disappointment after disappointment...... Reliability for the 370Z is crap IMO and cost more than my BMW to keep on the road. Maybe I should have spent a few extra thousand dollars and bought a second BMW at least everything would have been free for 4yrs/50k miles (except gas) and included a bumper to bumper warranty for the same time frame. Actually I would have already ended out on top of where I am right now. I have had 18 year old cars that I have beat the crap out of them, treated horribly, and not cared for at all that ran really well and never had a problem. Then I get a car that is treated well change the fluids more often than they should and it is in the shop or broken more than that 18 year old POS.

Sorry for the rant just venting... I am seriously thinking about getting it fixed and prepping it for sale to obtain something more reliable just sick of throwing money at Nissan for nothing other than poor mechanical design and engineering.
jbenington86 is offline   Reply With Quote