View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 11:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zylont View Post
I installed my G3 last Saturday and it went pretty much like what you described above. I even scratched the driver's side tube a bit too (that's the side I did 1st). What kind of polish are you going to use? I'd like to clean mine up a bit.
I've got some mother's Billet Metal Polish and I need to get a new polishing "wheel" for my drill.

If not, then I'll go get some high-grit metal finishing paper and do it. the problem I get is that I don't have enough patience, and rush it a bit and it ends up looking worse, so, I'll probably think long and hard about doing it - lol...

But, I did get one side of my stainless Springfield 1911 .45 polished up to mirror levels before I got bored with it, and decided to half-*** the other side. I finished it off...a year or so later?

I'm more or less just going to hit the the top and see.
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote