View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 10:21 AM   #98 (permalink)
semtex
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People to drink
semtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
Who knows. I figured I'd probably hate the car after this as it will never be right and sell it in a year, anyway. Meh. Sucks that my enjoyment was cut so short. 3 days of fun, though, and I got 1 road-trip out of her, at least.

Windshield is a main structural component. Replacing it is like bending the frame, and then trying to bend it back. It's never...just...right. So yeah, I finally came to terms with the fact that this is going to be the car I forever hate and ramp over curbs and in general just don't give a **** about because it was ruined from nearly day 1, anyway.

Sucks, as I was hoping to enjoy owning this thing. Mice and men and all that. Now I'm going to be the guy throwing his keys across the hood and hitting **** in the street for sport in a "nice" car because he hates the thing, lol.

Sorry, just trying to find some humor in getting rid of a car that was in great shape and ending up with a junker by a twist of fate.

*or*

Just set it up on blocks, pay it down, take the hit, sell it in a year, forget the whole nightmare and try not to think about the $10K in depreciation. There will be other cool toys, I am sure.

Either way, it sucks, and I feel cheated out of what I was hoping would be an enjoyable ownership. I can see now this windshield thing will just end badly no-matter what most likely. One of those things that make you just HATE a car, like a rattle that won't go away.
Dude that's a tad extreme isn't it? It's not like the frame is bent.